The third UK ship Parthia was found on the Cunard web site, but
with no information.
- In 1971, sold to Australia and renamed Wambiri, then renamed Starship 1.
- In 1979, Greek owners renamed her Rice Trader
- In 1984, broken up in India
- Pemberton, Barry Maxwell, Australian coastal shipping (Carlton, Vic [Australia]: Melbourne University Press, 1979), p. 33
- Fildes, R. D. The ships that serve Australia and New Zealand, 2nd ed. (Sydney: Searail Productions, 1980), p. 6
- 1980 picture taken in South Africa available from South African Maritime Museum, John H Marsh Maritime Collection
|Photos from ShipSpotting.com|
|© Malcolm Cranfield|
|© John Kent|
|© Chris Howell|
This page last updated 23 Feb 2021